Research and services are carried out by using:
- High repetition frequency tunable femtosecond laser system Pharos-SP with the Orpheus / Lyra parametric amplifier;
- Precision three-coordinate positioning system with a galvanometric beam control subsystem;
- Technological system for polymeric layers formation and processing;
- Electronic microscope TM-1000 (from VU OAC Laser research centre facility „Naglis“);
- Unique set of equipment and diagnostic for nanophotonic system.
Properties of femtosecond laser:
Central wavelength 1030 ± 10 nm,
Pulse repetition rate can be tuned in, 1-1000 kHz range, pulse duration ≤200 fs, average power ≥6W at 50-200 kHz, beam quality is M2≤1.3.
Properties of parametric optical amplifier: tuning range is 350-2600 nm, maximum efficiency 15 % (signal+idler), conversion efficiency of integrated second harmonic generator is >50 % (515 nm).
1.Numerical modeling, laser formation, geometry and optical properties (focus, collimation, phase modulation) description of multifunctional (refractive / diffractive) and integrated (on the optical fiber tip) micro – optical elements (10 – 100 μm).
2.Artificial three-dimensional frames laser formation for cell biology and tissue engineering applications. There is a possibility to use biologically inert and degrading polymers and to produce carcass made of several different materials. Pore size and filling factor can be varied from 1 to 100 μm and 20-80%, respectively.
3. Laser formation of nanophotonic elements in polymers and transparent material. It is a possibility to form with laser two-dimensional and three-dimensional fixed and gradually variable period photonic crystals. Their period can be from 0.5 to 10 μm. Numerical modeling of these items and characterization of their light control properties.
Additional remarks on tariffs:
a) tariffs of OAC staff are not included (contribution of OAC staff to the total cost depends on the complexity of measurements);
b) the price correspond to the price of the one-hour measurement;
c) the discount of 50 % applies to users performing joint projects with the University of Vilnius Department of Quantum Electronics. Salary and costs of devices consumables have to be included in projects.